Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For Sale


The IP has a "For Sale" sign in the front yard and is listed on the MLS.


The past several weeks have been absolutely intense. I was working 12 hour days, 7 days a week for at least a month to get things finished and finalized. I even suckered Kathleen into working late with me, but she laid down the law when at 9 PM one day, she had a container of kerosene fall on her as we were loading up the truck. Needless to day she was mighty irritated. And stinky.


In construction, we use "punchlists" which are huge lists of things that need to get fixed, here's one page of my punchlist for the past two weeks. But in addition to the punchlist, I have endless daily lists of things to get accomplished.


Finally last Friday the electrical and plumbing inspectors from the city came and gave me final OK. And Chris came with a listing contract. We discussed the price and agreed on a number (as before, I won't be giving details that can let a potential buyer pinpoint this blog... too much liability, if you know what I mean. However, I'll be happy to give you those details in an email, just send me a note). And on Monday the Final Inspector came and signed off the permit.


Now that it's done, I'm still working through a min punchlist. For example, today I will

> put no-grow film and bark chips on the bare spot in the back yard where the old flowers were

> clean the gate (I had painted it and cleaned it. Then the bozos from the powerwash company blew dirt all over it)

> Move the sprinkler controller. The choice was to move the controller, or run a new wire to it for power. Moving it is much easier.

> Tidy up the boiler room

> Get the gick off of the tub. American Standard had put some sort of label over the on-off switch. I took the label off and the adhesive they used left a gross residue on the tub. Wonderful.

> Paint the pantry door

There's others, but they are pretty minor. I'd like to get those minor things wrapped up this week, I don't want to have a potential buyer come in while I'm still running around with my toolbelt.


I'll try to take some pictures today and post them.

1 comment:

Jill said...

If you have trouble getting the adhesive off the tub, try nail polish remover. It's cheap and works great to dissolve the sticky stuff.
Just make sure you get the kind WITH the acetone in it.
Congrats on the listing.