Sunday, June 10, 2007

White flag?






Got lots done this last week, including:

> Installed the wetbar counter in the family room

> Roberto tiled the new bathroom and the counters. This turned out to be a major headache, as I didn't read Elysia's instruction and told the tile guys to use the wrong stuff. Needless to say, they ran out, and had to tear it out and re-install with the right stuff

> Frank installed sinks in the new bathroom. Another headache, as we used the wrong template for the sink and the opening wasn't big enough. Had to buy Frank a special grinding wheel to make the holes bigger to install them.

> John finished, but didn't install the access doors in the downstairs bedrooms and the master bedroom closet

> John mortised the 13 new interior doors for hinges and hung them. Didn't paint them yet, but began drilling them for locks and handles





> Frank installed the pedestal sink downstairs. If Frank weren't a preacher he would have let loose with many explatives. As it was, he only said "dag burn it" a bunch of times (Don't worry, the avocado green commode goes next week).










> Installed the heater covers, and only had one missing piece. Not sure what I'm going to do about that.





> Walter installed the granite countertops in the kitchen. Installed the new microwave and the stove.





> John installed door handles for the four exterior doors


> Installed the baseboard. All 196 feet of it. I had to contend with all the existing carpet tack strips with their hundreds of very sharp tacks. I only punctured myself about four times, but now I know how a swimmer feels with that first piranah bite. Only make one serious error when I installed some door casings backwards and had a wierd gap. I doubt anyone will notice





> Paul choped down the ugly two trees in front. That left a huge pile of pine needles which I was just going to bark over. Today I noticed Kathleen raking and digging them up. How was I supposed to know that you're supposed to get rid of them first??
> Kathleen also uprooted about 125 iris bulbs from the back yard. I'm sure glad she likes doing yard work, I find that part of the property to be a big mystery.
> Tore out most of the basement carpet, and all the carpet from the stairs.

> Applied clear polyurethane to the banisters. Now they're all nice and shiny.
This week I hope to finish up with the sinks, install the lights (I should have done that weeks ago), finish installing the stove and begin the dishwasher, put casings around the freedom doors, and get the carpet installed.















2 comments:

Kathleen Claire said...

You're almost there! I thought "white flag" meant you surrendered -- glad you told me it meant "final lap" in racing.

Jill said...

So, what's going on now? Are you done? Is it listed?