Sunday, May 6, 2007

Master bathroom





I'm making progress in the master bathroom. It was pretty ugly to start with- lots of black.



I tore everything out, and I mean everything. Even the floor under the tile.



I then built a new deck for the new jetted tub. It's so stout, the entire house could collapse and it'll still be standing. Too bad for the next guy who wants to remodel!




I then put 5/8th OSB (oriented strand board) over the frame, and wonderboard over the OSB. I had never heard of wonderboard, but supposedly it makes the tile job better. I hope it works, at $10 for a 3x5 sheet it's pretty pricey. And on Friday the 4th Frank and I installed the tub.
The only challenge I had was connecting the safety ground. It's a very heavy duty copper wire about 1/8 inch in diameter which is attached to the cold water pipe and to the motor chassis. Of course we forgot to attach it while the tub was out so I did it when the tub had been installed. That required laying on my belly for an hour and stretching as far as my stubby arms would allow. Very uncomfortable, let me tell you.
I was so thankful for the massage Kathleen got for me that day!



1 comment:

Kathleen Claire said...

Now you can visualize soaking in that tub when the tiling is done -- just a few more weeks until you can borrow that beautiful tub! Nice work -- again! I'm so very proud of you.