Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Spent a half day with Kathleen helping me. Last Friday I demolished the upstairs bathroom and re-wired the GFI outlet and moved the electrical connection for the lights. Oh, and I drilled the holes for the plumbing for the double vanity.

Today Kathleen cleaned up the master bedroom, master bath and downstairs north bedroom. Yech, what a job... they were filled with construction debris and dust. Lots of dust. Expecially in the carpets and pads which she removed.

Today I removed all the tile around the tub in the upstairs bathroom. And together we measured where to put the recessed lights in the master bedroom. I wanted to make sure we measured twice and cut once, as I don't get a second chance as everything has been painted.

The plan for this short week:
> Plumb the upstairs bath
> Sheetrock and mud the bathroom
> Install floor tile in the bathroom
> Install tub in the bathroom
> Install fixtures in the master and downstairs bathrooms
> Install the recessed lights for master bedroom
> Install kitchen cabinets
> Finish painting interior
> Select exterior color scheme
> Install range, microwave and dishwasher
> Install vanity in master bathroom
> Order carpet

Sounds like a bunch of work. I am shooting for completion on June 15, so I'm going to outsource more of the work to Frank.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hey, sounds like things are coming together nicely!
You'd be proud of me. I did my own bit of plumbing yesterday: I fixed some misbehaving sprinklers. Yeah, I can wield a wrench.