Monday, May 21, 2007

Mud

Today I worked on finishing up patching the ugly brick and plaster walls in the bedroom and living room. I carefully mixed the mud (drywall compound actually, everyone just calls it mud) using my hand held Oster mixer (worked great), applied it, and sanded it. Took hours and hours and hours.

At the end of the day the fellow who was applying paint texture to the walls couldn't stand it any more. He got out his mud knife and applied some to one of the holes. In two minutes he accomplished as much as would have taken me two hours.

He then proceeded to teach me how to do it. I'm now an expert, though next time I'll hire someone who has experience!

1 comment:

Kathleen Claire said...

There will be plenty of chances to try your mud work skills at the next place -- but I like your thinking now. "Who can I hire to do this faster and better than I can?"